January 21, 2013

Almost Time for Baby Boy


Time really flies so fast these days that January is almost at an end. And I think in less than a month our little one will be joining us here in the outside world. I'm so excited! And anxious at the same time too. I can't help but think of my impending labor. I just hope I can withstand the pain and be able to deliver our baby boy normally. And I hope and pray that everything goes well for us.

Anyway, now that my due date is getting nearer, we've tried to get all of baby's things together. Placed the ones we'll need to take to the hospital in a bag and it's just ready to go anytime baby boy decided he wants to come out already.

We went for an ultrasound this weekend and according to the scan baby weighs 3 lbs and 13 oz. I'm not sure if that's within the normal range for his gestational age but I hope it is. During my checkup the other week, my OB told me that baby's weight is within the normal range and I'm the one who's gaining lots of weight. Looks like I'd have lots of exercising and dieting to do after baby comes out.

It's a good thing the pain on my pelvis has subsided. It was probably caused by the lumpy foam in my bed. Now that we've replaced it, I feel much better. Baby boy's not giving me a hard time at all although he loves to kick and swim around in my tummy. I can feel that he responds to my voice when I talk to him. We're counting the days baby boy!


No comments: