February 25, 2013

Meet Our Precious Baby Ryleigh!

The waiting is over. Baby boy Ryleigh is out! He's actually been out for a month now. In case you're wondering why I only made the update now, well, as a new mom I've been busy taking care of baby since we took him home from the hospital.
Anyway, Ryleigh's arrival was not how I expected it. He was actually born premature at 34 weeks. My water  broke suddenly last January 23 morning although there were no labor pains. And the bad thing was my blood pressure was very high that time so, my Ob said we had no choice but to do a caesarian section. My amniotic fluid was draining fast and the risk of infection to my unborn baby was huge so, there really was no choice. And so, they took me into the OR at 5:30 and at 6:05 baby Ryleigh was born.

Baby was so tiny when he came out. He only weighed 1.7kg but thankfully his color was good and his cry was loud when they got him out of my tummy. But since he was premature and quite tiny he had to be placed in an incubator and given meds to help him thrive. He had to stay behind in the NICU for a total of 10 days.

But after the difficult start, I can say that everything is going well with Ryleigh. He's a fighter. We celebrated his one month birthday yesterday. He's really improved a lot in one month and we're just very happy, relieved and thankful to God.

He's just had his milk and is sleeping soundly right now that's why I'm able to make an update.

I hope all is well with you all! :)

No comments: