May 2, 2012

The Breathtaking Aguirangan Island!

Aguirangan Island, Lagonoy Gulf, Camarines Sur, Philippines
I told you that we had two fabulous summer outings last month right? BUT I was only able to write about one of them and if you read my previous post you'll know what transpired on our first summer getaway. I'm not going to talk about that here anymore since there's a more exciting destination that I have to share with you! I think you'll love this place more, like I did!

Our second summer getaway was in Aguirangan Island, Camarines Sur. It's really a tiny island about 30 minutes from Sabang port in San Jose. I think some of you who went to Caramoan  probably passed by this island.

The sun was high and not a cloud was in sight when we, my sis' family, and Uncle Boy's family and cousins, went there last April 9. The sea was calm as we sailed offshore around 9 in the morning. The seawater was clear blue from the Sabang port all the way to the Island,which made me think it wasn't that deep. The water's usually dark when it's really, really deep. The boat ride was great, we saw many fishing boats along the way. But the only thing I have to complain about was the sound of the boat's engine roaring in my ears! it was sooo loud! So you can just imagine how thankful I was when we finally reached our destination, the breathtaking Aguirangan Island!


It took my breath away! Its 1.5-hectare formation with white beach and crystal clear waters was so beautiful! Since it was a holiday, we weren't alone on the island. A few beach goers were already there when we arrived. But still, the island was big enough to accommodate us all. Time was too precious to waste that after our picture-taking session, we immediately dove into the crystal-clear waters. We kept swimming on the east side of the island where it so happened the current was strong. It was when we were leaving that we found out the water was calmer on the other side! Ha too bad! But anyway, it was a wonderful experience and the Island's as pristine as can be! If there's a chance, Id' like to go back there someday.

We didn't go back to port immediately after leaving Aguirangan Island. We made a beeline for Kinahulogan falls, another attraction in the area. But I'll tel you about it in my next post. Meanwhile, enjoy some photos of Aguirangan Island!


The Pristine Aguirangan Island


See the fine sand!

Other beach-goers swimming

The view opposite of the Island

Some rock formation in the Island

See how clear the water is?



No comments: