July 27, 2009

Something About the Ten Commandments

I have one question, do you know the Ten Commandments? If you are know all ten, then I’m pretty sure you can easily pinpoint what is wrong with this list. This picture was taken outside one of the most popular churches in Manila. I won’t say which one, it’s up to you to find out! My friends and I just went to that particular church just to have a look-see. I wasn’t really paying much attention to anything when these two tablets of stone with engraved words on them caught my eye. I read it and realized it was the Ten Commandments translated in Filipino. When I was reading it, I realized there was a discrepancy. I did a double take when I read the word Sunday in that commandments list, then after a few seconds I was also bothered because of its incorrect order.

You see if you will read in EXODUS 20:1-17, you will see there that the 4th commandment is “Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy.” And all translations of the Bible state the word Sabbath, meaning the seventh day of the week and NOT Sunday. The one posted in the tablature clearly states Sunday as the day of worship, when in fact the Bible clearly says it’s the Sabbath. Read Exodus 20:1-17 and see for yourself.








No comments: