August 4, 2009

Reaching Out to the Silent World

I think it was back in high school or maybe elementary when I first became amazed by Sign Language. I used to refer to the illustrations at the back of my notebook then, and I imitate the figures of the hands drawn there. But as I got older...and busier, the interest left me as well. I guess it's just natural when one becomes wrapped up in other things. But, even though it's been years, I found out that, the desire to learn Sign Language hasn't entirely left me.

Last February, there was a Sign Language seminar at Pasay Adventist Church, which I joined. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend all sessions. If I remember it right, there were three, and I was only able to attend one.

But I was again given the chance to learn when someone from the PAC Deaf Ministry texted me, informing me about the upcoming Sign Language Seminar every Saturday afternoon. To make the long story short, I attended the first session last Saturday. We started with the basics. All in all, it was very interesting, especially interacting with the people in the silent world. I hope I can attend all 10 sessions and be used in reaching out to the silent world for HIS work...

Image: Talkwithyourhands

No comments: