August 15, 2009

An Answered Prayer

This day has been great! I feel so blessed! Once again I was given proof that God answers prayers. Lately I've been thinking of a way on how I can serve him in my own little way as a sign of my gratitude for all the goodness He continues to bestow in my life, and I prayed that He lead me to the path He wants me to take. I've made a post previously about my joining the Sign Language Seminar, and now I really believe that God led me to it.

Just this afternoon, after our class, our teacher Lychel requested me to stay behind, so I did. I was curious why because even though I always attend the class I've never really spoken that much to them,. But all of the people in the class are very friendly and nice. Anyway, we talked and I was really surprised when she asked me if I'd be willing to be a part of the core group for the Deaf Ministry. I immediately said yes! It was an answer to my prayer. I feel like I've found my place in God's vineyard and I feel so blessed to be given the chance to serve in this way. I really just can't contain my joy that's why I am writing about it here. Next Saturday I'll be sitting with them in front. I'm looking forward to it a lot. I just really hope I can do my part diligently as we reach out more into the silent world.

No comments: