June 11, 2009

Thanks To You


"Some people come into our lives for a reason, a season, and a lifetime."


This is the quote that entered my head on my ride home. But I'm not sure if I got it right. Sad to say I forgot where I read this line. Anyway, it just seems so appropriate right now.

Someone made my life interesting even if it was just for a little while. In a big way he helped me realize something and loosen the shackles that continue to bind me to the past, my past. His friendship came at a time when I needed to feel cared for in a way. Even if you're not going to be able to read this post, I thank you, for waking me up from my stupor and making me realize that life is still good. You came at the point in my life when I was looking for a good reason why things happened the way they did. One text message you sent especially made an impact on me, made me think that you unerstand me even though you don't know my story, "Things are never lost completely. They are put away, misplaced or taken by someone else. Sometimes, they are transformed into something else. Just like the love you have for someone who is gone - that love does not disintegrate. One day when you least expect it, you will find that things are less achy. You will be amazed at how much the heart can bear. And yes, you will be grateful for all that you've lost and all that you'll find in time."

The time and effort you gave are very much appreciated. Our lives touched for a reason and I thank you for coming even for just a season...Maybe someday we'll meet again in this lifetime...


Photo Credit: Funmunch

No comments: