October 23, 2008

Vision Correction Through LASIK

I have been wearing eye glasses since I was in my second year in High School. I had my eyes checked because I had blurred vision and kept having headaches. According to the ophthalmologist that tested me, there was a muscle in my eyes that did not develop. In short, the only thing to do was to wear eye glasses, unless I had the money for laser surgery. Laser surgery was not an option then, but it can be now. The LASIK information I’ve read makes me think that laser eye correction is now one of the best options for bringing back 20/20 vision. Maybe this can be a viable option for me as well.

Developers of LASIK made things even better with the new iLASIK. Are you aware of this iLASIK Procedure? Well, this is the modern version of the LASIK corrective vision procedure. iLASIK has been proven by the Department of Defense and NASA confirmed that the LASIK technology used today is safe and very effective. The modern iLASIK is different from the LASIK because the former uses two lasers in correcting eye defects. The first laser maps out the eyes and makes an incision in the cornea. Once the corneal flap is already created, another wave-front mapping data directs the second laser. This second laser is the one that corrects the vision.

Many people have already benefited from LASIK technology. In fact those that are in the military have had their 20/20 vision restored through it. The benefits of this technology just keeps spreading by word of mouth as naval aviators tell their peers of the great advantage the iLASIK procedure has given them. How I envy their 20/20 vision! I’ve always had qualms about eye corrections through laser, but if it’s iLASIK I think I’ll feel secure.

Post?slot_id=

No comments: