September 24, 2008

Time in Laguna and Cavite

When I came here in Manila to look for work, I met up with my best friend Alpha. When she heard that I was in the city she invited me to stay with her one weekend and so I did. She works in a bank in Makati. I had an interview in the Makati area that Friday and after that I looked for the bank where she worked and just waited outside for her. I waited and waited outside until 6 o'clock because she still had to finish up some work. Anyway, I went with her and spent the weekend in their place in Laguna.

We took the van from Makati to Laguna. The whole trip took an hour I think. When we reached their house we already famished so we ate. Spent some time chatting with her siblings the it was off to sleep. That Saturday our route was Cavite where we went to church at the Adventist University of the Philippines (AUP). It was there that once again I got to eat delicious vegetarian food. I guess I shouldn't forget to mention that we had our lunch for free since the cafeteria doesn't take payment during saturday. The students who eat there have their accounts in the caf. We went home around 5 o'clock in the afternoon because we also attended the afternoon service.

AUP is a very nice place. The air is so fresh and cool. They also have some very nice landscaping there too.
This is the church where we attended service that saturday.


This picture was taken near the church when we went walking around after lunch.










This one was a cute nook there. You can see a river below.


No comments: