January 18, 2008

Pass the Time

Its a long day here at work. This is one of those instances when i wish time would fly fast so that i can go home already. I feel so tired and i did not get much sleep last night. I still have a lot of editing to do but i wish i can go home now and have a long long long relaxing sleep! My eyes just can't seem to focus on the words I'm editing that is why i am taking a break already...I'll work on my backlogs at home this weekend... I'm just so tired and sleepy now.

But to pass the time I'm just browsing the web and came across some jokes from Reader's Digest. Here they are if you want to read them as well;-)



I was leaning over the shoulder of one of one of my students, helping her with some math problems, when I noticed the pencil sew was writing with. It had the Ten Commandments listed on it.
“I like your pencil very much,” I told her.
“Yeah, I like it too,” she said. “That’s why I stole it from my brother.”
:-)
Here's another one
A rather inebriated fellow on a bus was tearing up a newspaper into tiny
pieces and throwing them out the window. Excuse me, said the woman sitting next to him. But, would you mind explaining why youre doing this? It scares away the elephants, replied the drunk. But I dont see any elephants around here, said the woman. Effective, isnt it? crowed the drunk.
:-)
Husband and wife were in the midst of a violent quarrel, and hubby was
losing his temper. Be careful, he said to his wife. Youll bring out the beast in me. So what? his wife shot back. Whos afraid of a mouse?

:-)
An American visiting England walked into a hotel lobby. The lift will be
down presently, the receptionist told him. The lift? said the American. Oh, you mean the elevator. No, I mean the lift. replied the Englishman. I think I should know what it is called, said the American. Elevators were invented in the States. Perhaps, retorted the Englishman. But we invented the language.
Well, that's all!




No comments: