January 13, 2009

Take Life One Day at a Time


Has there been a time in your life when each day that comes seems to be like a battlefield? I felt that way too. The later part of the past year has been pretty hard. At every turn I only seem to make bad decisions. As we all know, once decisions have been made and acted upon there’s really no turning back. These decisions have corresponding results; sometimes the outcome is good, at other times not so good. But as I’ve said there’s no turning back. There are times, during my quiet moments that thoughts like “what if I’ve done things differently” creep into my subconscious.

Thoughts like this keep popping in my head lately but I have to shake them off because they won’t do me any good now. I know I can never bring back what used to be. But, sometimes, in the middle of the night I find tears running down my cheeks, wetting my pillow. I know tears are futile, but, they help ease the pain of regret. And I know the day will come when these tears will dry up. My friend Gellette gave me a good advice, she said “Learn to slow down and see what God’s plan is for you.” That made me think. It’s really true. One of my weaknesses is patience. I find it difficult to wait.

So, now, I had to learn this lesson the very hard way...I made so many mistakes and lost everything that mattered because of it. And now I’m just beginning to pick up the pieces of my life. I’m taking life one day at a time until I find forgiveness in myself and finally rebuild what has been lost...

No comments: