December 10, 2008

Poem at 4:35

What Hurts Most

Thought what we had was a beginning
Not the beginning of the end
On the verge of discovering new feelings
Good things seemed to be growing
Suddenly reality comes crashing in
Everything coming all at once causing pain
Should have know it was wrong from the start
And I should never have let you inside my heart
Now all I feel is regret and pain
From promises you made in vain
What hurts the most, I believed everything you said
Too late to find out you were playing with my head
Because of you I again believed in fairy tales
And happy endings
In chocolates, roses, and pink-flowered dreams;
But now, all hopes are again dashed to pieces
All that’s left is me to deal with the brokenness;
On the outside people see me laugh and smile
But deep inside is a pain I cannot hide
Despite all that I will not let you see me cry
Maybe this is the end and I will say my goodbye…

No comments: