November 22, 2007

Psalms 23




PSALMS 23


The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.









Whenever i feel alone and it feels like the world is caving in on me, i close my eyes and recite this verse in my mind. When i do, i feel peace inside. Its like, God has me enfolded in his embrace and no one and nothing can harm me... I am with my heavenly Father; He understands my problems, He listens and knows all of my fears, even those that I cannot voice out and outwardly express...He knows it all... And no matter what wrongs and mistakes I've done in my life, against others and against Him, He forgives and accepts me as I am... I know there's only a handful of people who really accepts me for what I am, not only my good qualities but especially the imperfections in my life. But even with these people sometimes I still have second thoughts in really expressing my thoughts and my fears for fear that they might judge me. But with God I know that is not so, for He understands everything and will forgive me despite wrong things I've done. It is only God, MY HEAVENLY FATHER who can really LOVE ME UNCONDITIONALLY...





No comments: