October 20, 2012

Baby's Heartbeat for the Second Time!

Heard my baby's heartbeat for the second time today! I'm so happy! I know this might not seem like a big deal to some of you out there but for a first time mom-to-be like me it's beyond words! Hearing my baby's heartbeat makes it him/her more real. I'm already 5 months along and although my tummy is already bigger and it's become more obvious, directly knowing that she is really growing inside makes me feel more excited to finally hold him/her in my arms.

Will my baby be a boy or a girl? I'm really not sure but all I know is that this baby is so active! My ob had a difficult time tracking her heartbeat this morning. She placed the device on the left side of my tummy, then on the right. Just when we thought there was a heartbeat it was gone! Baby moved! She had to reposition the device several times until finally baby was cornered at the center of my tummy. This is so unlike the first time, that was four weeks ago. My ob was able to locate the heartbeat on the left side of my tummy without any trouble. Oh well I think it's good that baby is active even at an early age.

Anyway, aside from hearing baby's heartbeat for the second time, we also found out that I gained 7 lbs. in one month. Doc had to prescribed a multivitamin that serves as an appetizer at the same time because I wasn't gaining any weight since my first trimester. I have to take the vitamin/appetizer for another month. I'm afraid i'm going to get really fat because of it. But I just keep thinking, it's for the good of our baby. 

Being fat is not the only thing, I had to have an anti-tetanus shot today too. Ouch! I'm so afraid of injections but then it's a necessary evil for the good of our baby. I'm going to have another injection on our next visit :(. I'm so not looking forward to that part.

But what I'm most excited about is knowing the gender of our baby. To be sure that there won't be any mistake it will be done in December. By that time, the sex organ is fully developed and so it will be clear in the ultrasound. I'm so excited! Can hardly wait! 

Who wants to bet if it's a boy or a girl? ;)

No comments: