May 6, 2009

MY SHELTER AND MY FRIEND

MY SHELTER AND MY FRIEND
April 4, 2009

In moments of doubts and fears
In times of sorrow and tears
You never let go of my hand
You give me the strength to stand

When defeat overwhelms me
Boundless grace You give for free
You make me feel a winner
And everything seems brighter

Though I stumble over and over again
And all I ever do is cause you pain
You still won’t let me go on my own
You always take my hand and lead me home

You never get tired of waiting for me
When your truth I just don’t seem to see
Patiently, with arums wide open to receive
You wait ‘til once again I come to believe

All the things you’ve done and all you will do
With all my heart and soul I thank you
Never have I found a friend like you
Someone whose love is so pure and true

And I pray you’ll never let me go
May your love in me forever flow
Please stay at my side ‘til the end
Always be my Shelter and my Friend.

No comments: