June 20, 2007

Where To Belong?

Work has just started, i haven't even made a headway with the proofreading/editing that i have to do. Garbled thoughts are just running throuhg my head and I just have to write them down and make sense of them. So if anyone's reading this, just be patient...

Today is the 20th of June, and the day after tomorrow is going to be my birthday. Wow, im turning 25 then, it's kind of overwhelming ... mixed emotions of happy, anxious, sad, its hard to expalin. But really how am i supposed to feel? It's like i've been alive in this earth yet its always making me think, so far what have i achieved in my 25 years? Not much that's for sure. Somehow it feels like time if running our on me ... and its like everyhting is just so unstable at this time. A lot of changes is going to take place in a few weeks especially in my family..

My brother is getting married next month. This morning when i was on the jeepney on my way here it just sunk in that both my siblings will already have a family of their own... They'll have their own family circle, somewhere that they can belong for the rest of their life ... it just makes me wonder within myself "where does that leave me?" Just thinking about it makes me think and feel like a displaced waif. Like a fledgeling that must leave the nest and find her own...


Can you make sense of what I'm saying here? troubled thoughts are really hard to fathom. Maybe this is really what you call the quarter life crisis (QLC) as researched by my friend dexter. But i know it's not only me who's in this stage right now. I just hope the pieces fall in their right places soon, soon soon!!!!

1 comment:

kaydee said...

your not alone rais. nasa 'qlc' din ata ako! hehe haay.. same sentiments.. if you find a way out of this 'qlc' stage soon, share mo sakin kung pano ha!