February 7, 2011

Ride to Ligñon Hill!

After a long. long time I was finally able to step on the peak of one of the popular tourist spots here in Albay. Care to take a guess which one? It's Ligñon Hill! Yesterday, Sunday February 6, 2011, marks my first time at Ligñon. Some of you might be thinking, "What? An Albayana who's never been to Ligñon?" Well it's true. I've always just looked up at it in the past, thinking to myself when will I be able to go see the top? Going up is not a difficult feat actually since you can hike or ride a motorcycle. I just couldn't find the time before.

Anyway, yesterday's trek was unplanned but good thing I had my camera with me. Honestly, I felt kinda queasy and scared as Ryann and I were going up in the motorcycle. I dare not look around and down! I was thinking, if the brakes become faulty on our way up we won't stand a chance. But good thing we made it up safe and sound.

It was very clean on top and I loved the breeze! You can really see the whole of Legazpi from there. And of course, a great view of Mayon Volcano. It was just too bad Mayon's peak was covered by clouds and we could only see the base.

Going there was fun and we were able to get some great pictures! I hope to go there again soon but I'd like to try walking to the top instead of riding!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's on top Lignon Hill?

Rhyz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhyz said...

A great view of Mayon Volcano and Legazpi City, fresh breeze, and there's a zip line as well:)

http://wowlegazpi.com/2009/02/23/lignon-hill-nature-park-sights-thrills/ has more info about this place :)